- Extreme power handling in a lighter package. Higher SPL per weight/bulk are yours provided you have enough power to drive the enclosures to full potential. Since the woofer and midrange driver each receive their own share of the power automatically, routed by crossover network to separate frequency bands, more output is available before driver distortion and power compression obviously intrude.
- Marked ability to reproduce lower frequencies smoothly and without over-excursion, thanks to woofers specializing in just that. Tired of "farting out"? Missing a B string that is tonally balanced with the others? Disgusted with mushy-sounding under-braced designs that waste energy instead of translating it into coherent sound? Sick of poorly tuned ports so small that they chuff and wander in tuning as the evening heats up? Look no further.
- Superior off-axis response due to a dedicated small-format midrange driver's ability to disperse higher frequencies on a wider plane before beaming limits kick in. This is aided by a taller, more slender form factor which produces more detail and articulation at ear level - even when your knees are right up against the cab. This wider dispersion contributes to a better Stage Mix for band-mates.
- This and the arrangement of driver components on the baffle means that fEARful enclosures are less susceptible to acoustical environment problems. fEARfuls fill a room with a spectral balance that is more like what one hears on-axis in the near field. Boomy, bass-muddied, indistinct coverage becomes less of a problem elsewhere in a room.
- Optional high-accuracy Constant Directivity Waveguides for the highest frequencies which contribute better uniformity to the already superior "Power Response". Upper reach occurs without the brittle shrillness that cheap unsophisticated horn geometries exhibit. Because of the mid driver there is a no frequency gap between driver sources.
- A tonal profile that supports without encouraging volume wars - with or without PA coverage. Unlike conventional bass cabs with their exaggerated peaks and deep gaps, fEARful voicing can be tailored to just about any preference. fEARful enclosures are responsive to subtle EQ moves in areas other cabs might hardly register without bad side effects. If you want a different sonic personality it's easily available - provided you have a working knowledge of EQ and a good ear.