It is currently 17 Oct 2017 05:05

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Hi all! 

Post Hi all!
I'm an enthusiastic bass player - all styles, the more time spent playing the better. By training I'm an electrical engineer, but I made the jump to computers in the eighties and haven't touched a transistor since.

I used to follow all the fEARful stuff on Talkbass, less so now, so I figured I'd head over to the source. I built a couple of enclosures back in the seventies based loosely on commercial designs but I'm generally pretty under-educated about cabinet design. My favorite rig was an Acoustic 360 with the folded horn enclosure. These days I favor the lighter stuff like class D amps with switching power supplies and neo speakers. I'm still intrigued by the idea of a W box with a 3010LF or something similar. Always looking for the holy grail of a loudness-to-size ratio approaching infinity. :-)

Bill

17 Mar 2017 06:49

Post Re: Hi all!
Welcome to the forum.

I doubt very much that a w-bin would meet your goal of being small. Although...I once saw a couple of cute little Acoustic USA cabinets with 10" drivers that were designed like 360 boxes. Unfortunately, neither were functional when I visited George's "shop"/abandoned shoe store.

17 Mar 2017 07:04

Post Re: Hi all!
Yeah, I thought the design might not scale too well, but it's fun to dream!

17 Mar 2017 11:35
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]