It is currently 29 Nov 2020 13:39

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 First-timer in Colorado 

Post First-timer in Colorado
I received all the parts for a 15 Sub today so I'm getting started on my first build. It's my first speaker cab build of any kind, so I'm sure I'll find a way to mess it up. I'll be looking for helpful threads, of course, so registering here should be a huge help.

And away we go...

30 Oct 2020 15:38

Post Re: First-timer in Colorado
Welcome!

If you use the free plans for your cab / xover, please consider a modest donation to keep the site going.

Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell%27s_theorem

31 Oct 2020 03:14
Profile WWW

Foz wrote:
Welcome!

If you use the free plans for your cab / xover, please consider a modest donation to keep the site going.

Thanks

I'm not using a crossover (my power amp will cover that) but I'm going to donate regardless.

31 Oct 2020 11:49
fEARful fan

lucas303 wrote:
I received all the parts for a 15 Sub today so I'm getting started on my first build. It's my first speaker cab build of any kind, so I'm sure I'll find a way to mess it up. I'll be looking for helpful threads, of course, so registering here should be a huge help.

And away we go...

G'day and welcome, Lucas! What can are you paying the 15sub with? Come to think of it, what's the whole rig like?

Peter

Godin A5 Ultra SA

31 Oct 2020 15:43

bassdude wrote:
lucas303 wrote:
Come to think of it, what's the whole rig like?

Here's the current setup:

Dingwall NG2 (tuned drop A)* > Sonic Research ST-300 tuner > Saturnworks buffered splitter > one channel to an Ibanez PD7 and then into Line6 HX Effects, the other channel direct into the HX Effects > Peavey Max Bass Preamp > Peavey IPR-3000 DSP

Right now, I have an Acme Low B2 cab and a Casket 410 cab. When I'm playing with other people, though, I'm usually using whatever cab is at the rehearsal space. My long-term goal is to have the 15 Sub handle the low end, with a different cab handling the upper mids and treble (I imagine I'll want to do some trial and error with the exact crossover point, which is super easy with the IPR-3000 DSP). What the mids/treble cab will be, I still don't know. I've thought about maybe another fEARful, or maybe even a guitar cab. For now I need to finish the 15 Sub, and then I'll figure out what I want to do about the second cab. I'll likely sell the Casket 410, and keep the Acme.

For home practice I'm usually just going from the pedal board into a Peavey 208 combo.

*I also have an Ibanez EHB1505MS and a 5 string Ibanez Mikro, but the Dingwall has become my go-to. I've got a Dingwall P-tone pickup on the way that I'll put in the third pickup position (which is currently empty).

31 Oct 2020 17:04

Thanks Lucas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell%27s_theorem

01 Nov 2020 17:27
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]