It is currently 12 Nov 2019 22:54

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Aother 'Hi from across the pond' 
fEARful fan

Post Aother 'Hi from across the pond'
Hi Everybody

Another Brit here (like geoffbyrne, only a bit further North, 2 hours drive - near York, Yorkshire).

I just saw Greenboys post about posting or get deleted. Well I was in 2 minds as I misspelled my name. It should have been deltafred the same as on TB but I got my fingers in a muddle, but then thought my IP address may get blocked so I better stick with the typo, what's in a name?

I’ve had the 3015LF for a while and have a mid (the number always escapes me) on order for a 15+6. Just need to source some decent plywood and break out the saw, now it has finally stopped snowing and freezing.

fred

FarWest Readhead EUB
CCB BSO DB

12 May 2011 15:09
fEARful fan

Post Re: Aother 'Hi from across the pond'
Maybe, but now you look look some sort of highly trained undercover operative.

12 May 2011 15:12
site admin

Fixed. Reminds me of my Dad. Typed in a requested password WRONG - and then verified the password WRONG, but the same WRONG. Later he was asking why he couldn't access this account. Much fun finding what he'd actually typed with only three tries per period ; }

greenboy.us / fEARful™ website

12 May 2011 15:22
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

Thanks Greenboy

I wasn't going to ask you to change it as it was my fault for not checking it first.

I sympathise with your dad, I am probably a similar age and write everything down nowadays.

I am looking forward to building my 15+6, I already have the 3015LF and have ordered the mid and am thinking about ply, adhesive, crossover or bi-amping, grille etc.

fred

FarWest Readhead EUB
CCB BSO DB

12 May 2011 17:42
fEARful fan

Hi and welcome,

I'm based in Ireland and the best adhesive I found closest to PL premium was the everbuild 5 min liquid adhesive, it is easy to work with and dies very fast, I built my cab with clamps and glue, no nails or screws and it is rock solid.
I hope this helps with some decisions, also I don't know what ply you have access to but get a decent birch ply. The WBP and Marine ply I saw from suppliers was pretty poor Chinese stuff with very thin top veneers and voids throughout, to be avoided IMHO.
D_G

14 May 2011 05:50
fEARful fan

Dizzy-G

Thanks, Greenboy posted a link to your build wiki, it answers all my questions, well for now anyway.

fred

FarWest Readhead EUB
CCB BSO DB

16 May 2011 16:38
fEARful fan

(Slow) Progress update

I chased up the mid I ordered weeks ago only to find out they had despatched it to the wrong customer. They had a signature so thought I had got it. The guy even remembered despatching it and was so apologetic. He has ordered another for me so let's hope I get this one.

I was going to go all DIY and wind my own inductors but things conspired against me. I have the necessary resistors in my junk box and could have sourced suitable capacitors but without the inductors I was screwed so just ordered the lot from ERSE.

Looks like I am going to have to get some real progress made soon, like cutting wood and sticking bits together. :shock:

FarWest Readhead EUB
CCB BSO DB

02 Jun 2011 16:20
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]