greets from DC / MD / VA 

how best to shake the Earth...
15/6 + 15/sub 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
15/sub + 15/sub 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

greets from DC / MD / VA 
fEARful fan

Post Re: greets from DC / MD / VA
I use Chromes with a Yamaha BB415 (which cops the P-Bass and Jazz tones perfectly) into my 15/6 fEARful.

I am not into a lot of highs in my sound either. I don't own the 15 Sub (but plan to), but without at least the 6" 18Sound mid in one cab, you'll lose A LOT of your tone. Even though the fEARfuls will put out a lot of low end, mids are where our tone is. It's the combination of those nice lows with the mids that will shape your sound.

Personally, I'd swing with a 15/6 and a 15 Sub. Don't put in the horn on the 15/6. You can always scale back the highs via EQ or even using the Tone control on your Jazz. I use my tone control on my bass all the time throughout the night to vary the amount of highs I want. I think a 15 Sub + 15 Sub will be too dull sounding.

Burning Skies here uses a 15/6 plus a 15 Sub and he plays reggae. Start a new thread in the fEARful section on your particular question and you'll get a lot of info coming your way.

13 May 2011 20:15
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]