It is currently 20 Nov 2017 09:05

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 authorized greenboy designs / fEARful™ builders 
site admin

Post Re: authorized greenboy designs / fEARful™ builders
Tricky Audio in the UK is now listed and already seems to be doing well with orders, after showing me good demo cabs, and gigging them in the UK and EU. I've spent many tens (hundreds?) of hours with them sourcing parts, educating on the models, etc.

Mike Arnopol was dropped. I think one public case alone makes it obvious that this is for the best.

Greenboy Audio finally has a had a little breathing room to work on a website but it isn't quite up yet but I have come up with a way to at least represent their intentions in the AB listings.

So. Listings of current ABs:

http://greenboy.us/

or

http://greenboy.us/fEARful/#builders

greenboy.us / fEARful™ website
greenboy / fEARful™ on facebook

14 Feb 2014 13:34
Profile WWW
site admin

Someone (I could look but it really doesn't matter) sent me a note that they are interested in becoming an AB for Canada. Have not recieved reply to my response that the first thing I want to see is detailed build photos of a fEARful or two, before taking the "audition" any further. Replies and communication are always desirable for an AB. So is engaging with others on the forum. It indicates some desirable qualities that I have found lacking in several previous ABs.

02 Apr 2014 09:25
Profile WWW
authorized builder

Just wanted to let everyone know v4 of my website is finally live and fully functional. Took a little bit for my third party to make the new shopping cart fit my new format, but its a beautiful thing...lol.. should take a lot of the guess work out of deciding options and what not... for the Michiganders in the audience, there are now links to local bands who have greenboy cabs onstage.. I believe these cabs are best evaluated in a live setting, so go support these guys, and take it all in..

13 May 2014 15:49
Profile WWW
site admin

Just want everybody to be aware that Scabbey Road is now on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Scabbeyroad

If you are on facebook too, stop by and give Scabbey Road a like and maybe comment on the various pictures of immaculate builds

: }

26 Feb 2015 13:36
Profile WWW
site admin

A month after the NAMM show what I said before still holds:

Hello all. It comes and goes in cycles, but particularly in the past couple of months I have seen a number of people interested in becoming authorized builders. I will comment here that until after the NAMM show I will not be evaluating any case that is presented. Which gives anyone truly interested, a chance to prepare a case, and an encouragement to rattle my cage again after January, with a pitch that will have both parties excited with the possibilities.

Of course the first thing I think about is how an AB can complement the existing group of dedicated ABs in a way that doesn't just make their slice of the pie thinner. These guys are all my friends in a very real way and I do not want to reduce their joy. So. As a For Instance, if a potential AB can show the promise of serving an area that has great potential by being able to demo cabs to a large prospective base, that makes a compelling reason. If I sense an incredible drive behind that, and some real thought put into it, it stirs my interest. If a potential AB has some visibility and reputation that can be traded on, that's an edge. Someone with lots of drive, and some new angles in marketing has an edge over a "hobbyist" builder at this point, because unlike Bill Fitzmaurice I am not interested in having a long list so much as I am in having very strong friends and partners in this enterprise. An AB who just wants to add another design source to his list of design sources is not as energizing as one who is personally committed to these cabs. Just some things to think about.

So perhaps one should do a box or two to know if it's for them. More than one of the current builders first built a personal rig and that made them realize that the world needs more of these! But in the case I am thinking of, some additional boxes got built but only one was populated with drivers at the start, with plans to populate the others as finance allowed.

On the other hand, over the past couple years, there have been a lot of unmotivated tirekickers and guys who I think just wanted access to drivers and components at a lower cost so they could do personal builds for even cheaper. And more recently, the promise of getting one's hands on the plans for the non-fEARful cabs and crossovers would be a likely brass ring for the less honest or motivated to make an attempt for... But what is needed is people who want to open multicans of whupass for instrumentalists, and see a way to do it.

26 Feb 2015 20:09
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

Speakerbuilder.co.uk is no AB anymore? They are not in the AB list on the website

10 Apr 2015 05:03
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9