It is currently 18 Aug 2018 16:03

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PayPal Here Now - Please Donate! 

Post Re: New PayPal and User Groups. Please Donate!
Post a fund raising thermometer to show how close cumulative donations are to funding a specific goal. Put it the header so everyone can see it - all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell%27s_theorem

22 Sep 2011 11:05
Profile WWW
site admin

Hi,

Someone donated on I think it was Feb 26 but I'm still not able to link it to an account here. Different email used, and no username provided... Whoever you are, PM me and show a match so I can up your forum status to purple. And thanks!

greenboy.us / fEARful™ website

17 Mar 2012 20:24
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

Tried to donate tonight, but when I clicked the link, I got an error message... Hopefully it works tomorrow.

19 Apr 2012 23:26
fEARful fan

Hey R,

I just tried it to see if I'd get an error too, and it took me right to the donate/process page. Try it again and see what you get. If not, PM greenboy and lets see if we can get it done some other way.

Accentuating the resonance from the pickup inductance and interacting with the cable capacitance since 1984

20 Apr 2012 15:18
fEARful fan

BurningSkies wrote:
Looking over the new improved member list, I find I'm a bit disappointed in the large number of familiar names of guys I KNOW have benefited from fEARful cabinets, the related knowledge that we've all gained during the process of making, or discussing them...who haven't even bothered with a 'token' donation.

That's without including the fact that there's now a forum, good people and an informative cabinet web site.

I think that maybe the lack of posting on some users' part comes from a bit of intimidation when dealing with some of the tech and spec that goes on around here, and may also show some trepidation due to the 'tough room' attitude that existed in the TB fEARful threads.

Of course, with any 'product' there just may be a whole lot of tire kickers too.

Well, that said, I do have to admit that much of the teckie audio-speak that goes on around here is a hundred miles over my head. It's a little intimidating to know that pretty much anything that I post is like a kindergartner trying to engage in a conversation with a bunch of college guys.

I know that axed a bunch of really stoopid questions, and you teckies - and obviously GREAT bass players - were very patient and helpful. Most never talked down to me (don't try asking elementary questions on TB! They have you for dinner!)

I've never pretended to be a great player, nor am I even slightly intelligent about crossovers, audio, freqs, etc.

One thing I knew was that I had to have a fEARful rig... I knew if I could get through the electronics deets, the actual woodworking and finishing became a wonderful labor of love.

And if I do say so myself, my 15/6 + 15Sub Tower Of Terror is probably the second most jawdropping bass rig in my entire state of Montana.

28 May 2012 18:03
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

By the way, I discovered the fEARful phenomenon when my own business was in the process of closing its doors due to the economy. My savings were tied up in that company. I've NEVER been out of a job. And the prospects for a 56 y.o. video producer like me were zilch, so I knew I was at the starting line of a long, protracted job hunt.

I also knew I'd quickly go of my nut, between jobs. So, with no income, I still made the financial plunge to keep myself busy building a 15/6... then the 15 sub followed. $450 for 3015s and 18Sound drivers didn't come easy.

Yet, I still felt compelled to send a PayPal token of my appreciation to the Green Guy. Made me feel great. I honestly think his DIY project kept me sane.

If you've taken advantage of the fEARful wave, don't be a taker... you'll feel pretty good about yourself if you do your part on Paypal.

28 May 2012 18:20
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

Bigskybassguy wrote:
Well, that said, I do have to admit that much of the teckie audio-speak that goes on around here is a hundred miles over my head. It's a little intimidating to know that pretty much anything that I post is like a kindergartner trying to engage in a conversation with a bunch of college guys.

I know that axed a bunch of really stoopid questions, and you teckies - and obviously GREAT bass players - were very patient and helpful. Most never talked down to me (don't try asking elementary questions on TB! They have you for dinner!)

I've never pretended to be a great player, nor am I even slightly intelligent about crossovers, audio, freqs, etc.

The thing I like most about this little corner of the interweb is the fact that complete idiots like me can ask stupid basic questions and receive answers and guidance from people with a LOT of experience and knowledge...without any condescension.

03 Jun 2012 19:53
fEARful fan

There's a lot of discussion here that is WAY beyond my current knowledge, and will probably remain so in the future. I just looked at some of the papers on FDeck's website... and there's stuff in the holodeck that's the same for me.

But I look on the contribution as VERY inexpensive tuition for a graduate-level set of courses in musical sound theory and practice, construction methods, and general musicianship. Viewed that way, it's an incredible bargain.

There are other sites that I support on an annual basis. This will definitely be on the list.

Thanks, Greenboy!

Marcus

High quality gear that fits my wife's budget? Priceless!
5-string J,V-Amp/FCB1010,miniDSP,Peavey DPC1000,15/6/1

03 Jun 2012 23:25
site admin

Thanks, Alistair and two-timer dug dog. Much appreciated.

17 Jul 2012 09:25
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

This thread hasn't been updated for a while - took me a little to find it, but I'M IN 8-)

06 Nov 2012 19:41
authorized builder

Good On Ya!

https://www.facebook.com/GreenboyAudio
http://www.http://www.greenboyaudio.com/
Authorized Builders

07 Nov 2012 18:19
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

Post Just re-upped.
There's still time to subscribe before the end of 2012. If you were waiting to see if the world would end, it hasn't. So rush on down to support your favorite Greenboy.

Marcus

30 Dec 2012 01:28
site admin

T'anks, Marcus. No need to "re-up" here annually, so it's all the more appreciated!

31 Dec 2012 06:34
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

No problem. I figured that if TB can charge $20/year for a basic membership, I get a lot more value here. So I put my money where it does more good.

Marcus

01 Jan 2013 08:14
fEARful fan

I don't see myself ever donating one cent to TB.

01 Jan 2013 08:21
fEARful fan

Just want to mention to people, especially those of us who've built our own cabs, that we owe greenboy more than just our gratitude for having given away his hard work and effort on the fEARful designs and for maintaining this forum on his own dime.

06 Apr 2013 05:22
fEARful fan

Sorted.

07 Apr 2013 03:58
Profile WWW
site admin

Liquid vicar wrote:
Sorted.

And appreciated.

...made me think of Dazed And Confused for some reason ; }

07 Apr 2013 09:04
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

Never seen the film. Should be on my list I think.

07 Apr 2013 09:14
Profile WWW
site admin

Well, I find some stoner humor worth the time. But actually what happened was I caught the Led Zep song playing in my mind when phrasing my reply. Now I need to play that first album. It'll bring back a lot of memories as well as some things sounding fresh all over again.

Music is a miracle.

07 Apr 2013 09:23
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next