It is currently 16 Jan 2018 13:31

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PayPal Here Now - Please Donate! 
fEARful fan

Post PayPal Here Now - Please Donate!
I know that Greenboy probably won't stump for this, so I will.

I don't know about y'all, but I'm digging the new user group colors...Nice to see some bright action on the page. :)

...also happy to see the PayPal set up and running. Hopefully anyone who believes in these cabs, or has benefited from the plans either by having a fEARful, having a fEARful inspired cab or gained a deeper knowledge of how cabinets are designed, the science of acoustics, and electronics.

A lot of time and effort as gone into the fEARful 'project' both on the design side but also on the support and communication side. Think about that and donate.

Thanks,
-Bill

Accentuating the resonance from the pickup inductance and interacting with the cable capacitance since 1984

01 Sep 2011 17:08
fEARful fan

Post Re: New PayPal and User Groups. Please Donate!
BurningSkies wrote:
A lot of time and effort as gone into the fEARful 'project' both on the design side but also on the support and communication side. Think about that and donate.

Thanks,
-Bill

+1 couldnt agree more

2 x fEARful 15sub + fEARful Headcase (12/6 in the foreseeable future)

01 Sep 2011 17:26

Do it out of enlightened self-interest.

If GB had a pro-grade speaker measuring rig what do you think he would do with it?

:roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell%27s_theorem

02 Sep 2011 06:03
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

Foz wrote:
Do it out of enlightened self-interest.

If GB had a pro-grade speaker measuring rig what do you think he would do with it?

:roll:

Sell it for dope and live bait?

Accentuating the resonance from the pickup inductance and interacting with the cable capacitance since 1984

02 Sep 2011 08:52
site admin

It was pretty thrilling for the first couple of days. Since then, nothing. But then, I look at the memberlist here and it's apparent that the level of participation here is pretty low. A lot of people haven't even visited recently. That actually bothers me more. I'm missing seeing a lot more posting activity on a lot more subjects above and beyond fEARfuls themselves, I'm missing some people who I used to see over on TalkBass a lot. I'm missing the energy. And there's probably new people who've never even been over here, people who've built fEARfuls or are in the process... I'm not seeing any new rig pictures here, though.

Feeling kinda lonely.

greenboy.us / fEARful™ website

08 Sep 2011 09:05
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

FWIW, i actually prefer the smaller, more intimate community here, i feel the advice here is more credible and valid, without the flaming that goes on within TB, yes it would be nice to see more participation here outside the fEARful thread, but that is what brings most folks here in the 1st place, i do however quite like it over on TB when some1 tries to diss the fEARful design in anyway, there seems to be a load of fEARful users pop up to defend the product and put the dissers back in their place, but in a polite and non demeaning manner, it is after all a forum, no need for personal attacks etc, fEARful to me is an intelegent choice, and not just following the herd like many TBers.

maybe it is time to cull the inactive forum members, i see many registered users with no posts whatsoever, whats the point innit? that said, some just like to read and learn without bringing attention to themselves, depends on your goal for this forum, is it to help the DIY community as a whole or just those that wish to go fEARful?

08 Sep 2011 09:35
fEARful fan

greenboy wrote:
Feeling kinda lonely.

So which audio test rig are you looking to get at this point?

08 Sep 2011 13:32
Profile WWW
site admin

Hookers. They'll tell me what I want to hear.

Actually http://www.woofertester.com/wtproproduct.htm is still the best bang for the buck for the type of integrated design/measurement workflow, I think.

08 Sep 2011 13:45
Profile WWW
site admin

rad bassman wrote:
FWIW, i actually prefer the smaller, more intimate community here

So do I. Hopefully as summer winds down we'll see more activity. There's some infrequent visitors/posters I really got to liking back on the megathreads, and some new bloods as well.

08 Sep 2011 13:50
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

greenboy wrote:
Hookers. They'll tell me what I want to hear.

Go for a seasoned pro, but don't let them take your ball when they go home.

08 Sep 2011 13:59
Profile WWW
site admin

Frankly if they have 37 years of experience, it had better cumulative experience between several of them - and not just one who's claiming saxpertise but only capable of delivering olden showers.

08 Sep 2011 14:10
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

greenboy wrote:
Frankly if they have 37 years of experience, it had better cumulative experience between several of them - and not just one who's claiming saxpertise but only capable of delivering olden showers.

Good thing I don't work in a cube farm... I'd have a hard time explaining the choking/sputtering/cackling noises brought on by that statement.

:o :lol:

08 Sep 2011 14:40
fEARful fan

Looking over the new improved member list, I find I'm a bit disappointed in the large number of familiar names of guys I KNOW have benefited from fEARful cabinets, the related knowledge that we've all gained during the process of making, or discussing them...who haven't even bothered with a 'token' donation.

That's without including the fact that there's now a forum, good people and an informative cabinet web site.

I think that maybe the lack of posting on some users' part comes from a bit of intimidation when dealing with some of the tech and spec that goes on around here, and may also show some trepidation due to the 'tough room' attitude that existed in the TB fEARful threads.

Of course, with any 'product' there just may be a whole lot of tire kickers too.

08 Sep 2011 15:45
site admin

Just missing some of the folks who've posted over the years. Of course a lot of them were not internet blabbermouths to start with, but it is good to get together now and again. And really, this forum can talk about a lot more than just enclosures and related stuff. I'm all for expanding into theory, methods, studio stuff, whatever the membership wants really.

08 Sep 2011 16:26
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

BurningSkies wrote:
Looking over the new improved member list, I find I'm a bit disappointed in the large number of familiar names of guys I KNOW have benefited from fEARful cabinets, the related knowledge that we've all gained during the process of making, or discussing them...who haven't even bothered with a 'token' donation.

That's without including the fact that there's now a forum, good people and an informative cabinet web site.

I think that maybe the lack of posting on some users' part comes from a bit of intimidation when dealing with some of the tech and spec that goes on around here, and may also show some trepidation due to the 'tough room' attitude that existed in the TB fEARful threads.

Of course, with any 'product' there just may be a whole lot of tire kickers too.

Yeah, all right, you talked me into it! I don't have a fEARful, and for right now don't need one (all acoustic gigs), but I find the concepts and the theory behind the design fascinating, and the forum helpful and entertaining. If all it takes to keep it going is to keep greenie in hookers, then I'm in.

08 Sep 2011 17:24
fEARful fan

Good job!

Now GB can get some fine flannel and fleece clad ladies of the night.

08 Sep 2011 17:53
fEARful fan

Thanks for allowing us to give back. I have paid for several BFM plans which I may never build, however I have a working fEARful and another on the way! I feel like I am robbing someone! :mrgreen:
Regards
Knights

09 Sep 2011 20:51
fEARful fan

knightsofni wrote:
Thanks for allowing us to give back. I have paid for several BFM plans which I may never build, however I have a working fEARful and another on the way! I feel like I am robbing someone! :mrgreen:
Regards
Knights

couldn't agree more, every1 who has a fearful should feel some sort of obligation to contribute IMO, its not like $20 is alot of money is it? UK money equates to 2 packets of ciggies, less than a set of bass strings! how much enjoyment do YOU get from your fEARful?

19 Sep 2011 02:49
fEARful fan

Quote:
how much enjoyment do YOU get from your fEARful?

plenty so far .. and much more to come !! :D

19 Sep 2011 07:54
fEARful fan

danny_wylde wrote:
Quote:
how much enjoyment do YOU get from your fEARful?

plenty so far .. and much more to come !! :D

It's a never ending cycle...play-with-fEARful->FUN!

22 Sep 2011 09:40
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next