It is currently 18 Sep 2018 07:21

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PayPal Here Now - Please Donate! 
fEARful fan

Post Re: New PayPal and User Groups. Please Donate!
Oops wrong dazed and confused

07 Apr 2013 09:34
Profile WWW
site admin

Hells bells I'll look at that movie again one of these days too : }

greenboy.us / fEARful™ website

07 Apr 2013 09:56
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

Just sent ya $20. Been meaning to for a while. Tax return just came in, so I sent ya some before I spend it all.
Even though I did buy my cab from an AB, I still use these forums a ton. Thanks for hosting.

17 Apr 2013 09:03
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

I'm bumping this thread because I feel that everyone who has benefited from the free plans, help, advice and support in this forum should contibute financially toward its support.

Also: Those of us who built our own fEARfuls owe greenboy more than just our "thanks" for having done the design work.

22 Jan 2014 09:48
fEARful fan

Just to keep the thread going, I saw no reason not to toss a few more bucks in the hat.

I couldn't find a good live version of this tune......so we'll just have to listen to the studio version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZZztTOD7N4

25 Jan 2014 02:54
site admin

someone just sent a donation but did not use an email address that was in common with one here, nor a note of a forum user name. So, someone needs to let me know who they are so I can elevate your user status here...

29 Mar 2014 19:47
Profile WWW
site admin

Someone did a donation on July 18 but with no username or shared email address I can't track it.

21 Jul 2014 12:45
Profile WWW
site admin

greenboy wrote:
Someone did a donation on July 18 but with no username or shared email address I can't track it.

Still don't know who it was.

23 Jul 2014 20:02
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

Oddly enough, when trying to send my annual renewal, my Android browser wouldn't open PayPal when I pressed the button. However, when I selected the Chrome mobile browser, it worked.

That brings me to another question: is there any chance of getting a plug-in for the forum software, or a mobile-friendly format which would work? Right now, I do a lot of pinch and spread on the screen. I know that some sites can be configured to use mobile browsers without an app, and that would be preferable if possible.

Thanks,
Marcus

High quality gear that fits my wife's budget? Priceless!
5-string J,V-Amp/FCB1010,miniDSP,Peavey DPC1000,15/6/1

26 Jan 2015 01:31
site admin

Ok, someone donated using their wife's PayPal with no note of their username or email address attached to the forum here : \

30 Oct 2015 10:04
Profile WWW

Yeah that's what I tell my wife when mysterious wimmen PayPal me.

Happens all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell%27s_theorem

31 Oct 2015 10:19
Profile WWW
site admin

Thanks for the donation, Klappy.

It's been ages since anyone donated, except for a couple of guys who have been contributing since the start or nearly so, and have no reason to donate again but just seem to be class acts. And to them, hats off, too...

12 Feb 2016 11:26
Profile WWW
site admin

i'm thinking about locking the forum to current membership only. i'm tired of dealing with the daily influx of faked accounts. furthermore, of the valid accounts maybe 1 in 100 new entrants seem to donate. i'm not feeling the love for this new breed of nongratitude. it seems like i meet an attitude of entitlement in a lot of the email i get and i really get tired of it. the guys that came in earlier, especially the pioneer crowd, and a few more recent types have been real contributors here, and are much appreciated nonetheless. i like seeing their posts and hope the forum has use for them.

thoughts? am i thinking greedy? am i temperamental? i question myself on my feelings and how much time i want to spend.

29 Aug 2016 09:20
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

greenboy wrote:
i'm thinking about locking the forum to current membership only. i'm tired of dealing with the daily influx of faked accounts. furthermore, of the valid accounts maybe 1 in 100 new entrants seem to donate. i'm not feeling the love for this new breed of nongratitude. it seems like i meet an attitude of entitlement in a lot of the email i get and i really get tired of it. the guys that came in earlier, especially the pioneer crowd, and a few more recent types have been real contributors here, and are much appreciated nonetheless. i like seeing their posts and hope the forum has use for them.

thoughts? am i thinking greedy? am i temperamental? i question myself on my feelings and how much time i want to spend.

First off, let me just say thank you for continuing to host this forum. You've gone on with it for a lot longer than I maybe expected, in all honesty.

You could always try freezing things for a while and open it back up at a later time if you feel so inclined. I'd rather see this resource carry on in whatever fashion works for you rather than go away. Another possibility would be to just charge an entry fee up front, but it seems like that would probably just ramp up the entitlement issue pretty substantially.

29 Aug 2016 09:32
Profile WWW
site admin

i'd also like to be able to pay some money toward wcriley for his fine moderation, and Foz and sclift for their work on the true 3-way crossovers...

29 Aug 2016 09:43
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

greenboy wrote:
i'd also like to be able to pay some money toward wcriley for his fine moderation, and Foz and sclift for their work on the true 3-way crossovers...

That will make him even more grumpy :D
I guess I understand what you're saying. Maybe give it a try and see where it gets you. Many (most??) new members post the mandatory 'hello' and are never seen again. which is a pitty, but also reflects how people are novadays. Everything is (or should be) free and explained to them in easy pieces.
I don't post as much as I used to but visit daily and follow most threads with interest.

On the negative side: how are people supposed to ask questions about building etc?? Maybe an idea to require a minimum payment for board registration?

29 Aug 2016 10:11

I did it cause I love ya [and my 66] greenie - so no money for me - just hugs.

PS a modest proposal - change your email link to shitdaveaintgonnaread@greenboy.us - anybody got a question, let em post it to the forum - and Grumpy Bill should perma-ban someone every couple of weeks... pour encourager les autres!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell%27s_theorem

29 Aug 2016 10:22
Profile WWW
fEARful fan

Passinwind wrote:
greenboy wrote:

First off, let me just say thank you for continuing to host this forum. You've gone on with it for a lot longer than I maybe expected, in all honesty.

You could always try freezing things for a while and open it back up at a later time if you feel so inclined. I'd rather see this resource carry on in whatever fashion works for you rather than go away. Another possibility would be to just charge an entry fee up front, but it seems like that would probably just ramp up the entitlement issue pretty substantially.

I second the "thank you" for the forum. I've learned many things from it.

I think a small entry fee, say $10 or $15, would filter out the fake accounts, and the folks just passing by. You'd tend to get more new members with genuine interest. Then explain in the entry form that the fee is only for the purpose of filtering out the casual passers by and to pay for some of the cost of hosting and managing the forum (with donations encouraged), but without any further entitlements.

Also emphasize to read the FAQ before posting about re-designing the cabs, or using different or re-using X drivers, or an existing cab. The cab plans are provided "as is" and the recommendation is not to deviate from the plans...

29 Aug 2016 13:26
fEARful fan

greenboy wrote:

Hell no Dave, I wouldn't want to put up with the amount of crap you have to endure and the time you have to spend for the privilege. It's your forum, do with it as you wish.

I believe that anyone who uses your plans should donate (but am probably preaching to the converted in this thread).

Another big Thank You for the designs and the forum.

FarWest Readhead EUB
CCB BSO DB

29 Aug 2016 13:31
fEARful fan

deltafred wrote:
greenboy wrote:

Hell no Dave, I wouldn't want to put up with the amount of crap you have to endure and the time you have to spend for the privilege. It's your forum, do with it as you wish.

I believe that anyone who uses your plans should donate (but am probably preaching to the converted in this thread).

Another big Thank You for the designs and the forum.

An option might be a small fee to access secured plans, but not sure on same for forum membership. However, that could also lead to a 'black market' situation, unfortunately. Happy with whatever you choose, Dave!

Also very appreciative of all your work & the stellar community that backs your vision. That extends to deals on drivers (by which i got my 3015LF from CO) & other components, no small benefit considering the premium we pay DownUnder. And, of course, the ABs & the great service Leland provides at speakerhardware.com. My own meagre contribution was decidedly tardy, but I always intended to do so upon completion of my first build. I just never planned for that to take nearly three bloody years!

Peter

Godin A5 Ultra SA

29 Aug 2016 15:26
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next