It is currently 19 Sep 2017 16:35

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Hello from Seattle 

Post Hello from Seattle
Hello.
I was recently introduced to the Fearful cabs when looking around for a pair of cabs that will go with the Verellen Kalaloch head that I have on order. I mostly play keys/synths along with some bass and some guitar and sometimes, all three in a set... and was looking for a cab pair that would work well with the Kalaloch for my keyboard rig. I've got other bass and guitar cabs (4X10's 18's, 2X12's, 4X12's) for when I want to split it up for either bass and/or guitar, but needed something that could do high watts in a smaller stereo package that I can move around more easily.

Currently thinking of a pair of 15/6 tubes. Considering a pair of 12/6 cubes if they can deliver the same low of the lows in the smaller design. I more than likely won't be adding the horn/tweeter since I'm used to playing my keys through bass amps and usually roll off top end sizzle anyhow.., and let FOH deal with the full range stuff, but need something that can deliver the oomph onstage when playing at place with poor monitors or poor PA's in general.

I have a friend who is a custom woodworker who would be helping me with the construction.

Thanks.

12 Jul 2017 13:34
authorized builder

Post Re: Hello from Seattle
Versatile!
All the fEARful cabs sound the same. The difference is output, so yes, the 12/6 will be just like the 15/6 only a few db less. You will definitely want to install True crossovers for keys use. But it does require the tweeter.

15 Jul 2017 07:00
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]