It is currently 26 Apr 2018 22:41

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 hello from north florida 

Post hello from north florida
howdy folks! i'm on bass/guitar primarily, but also a multi-instrumentalist, born and raised in jacksonville, florida. i'm a lifelong DIYer with good woodworking skills and some experience with metal, too. musically, though, i've got more experience with punk than metal. also played guitar in an old timey string band, and had a few other musical adventures through the years.

getting interested in plugging my bass into something other than a keyboard amp and started doing some research into cabinets, so of course i wound up here! thinking about building a 12/6 and matching it with one of those ampeg pf heads. just getting some ideas for now, hoping to start a build in january. might hold out until february when my buddy's cnc machine is set up...

thanks for having me!

27 Nov 2017 10:58
fEARful fan

Post Re: hello from north florida
G'day davidov! As a multi-instrumentalist, it could be well worth your while to consider a 12/6/1 & a true3way x-over...

Peter

Godin A5 Ultra SA

27 Nov 2017 15:13

the more i think about it, the better this idea sounds. initially thought i'd try to keep the cost low, but wasn't really thinking about the potential for this cab (and later maybe a pair?) to replace all the other speakers in my life! or most of them anyway.

how does a 12/6/1 sound turned way down? anyone ever tried to power one with a home stereo amplifier?

01 Dec 2017 12:45

Howdy - Im also in J'ville.

If you decide to build from the free plans please consider a modest donation to keep the forum up.

Thanks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell%27s_theorem

02 Dec 2017 10:11
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]