It is currently 25 Jun 2018 00:21

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Hello from Grecce ! 

Post Hello from Grecce !
Hello from Greece . I am Giannis and as i was looking for diy builds for a bass cab i found your interesting site . No big experience on diy here but I want to try... My goals is to build 2 cabs . One Versatile (lightweight and as small as it gets) for my friend who plays jazz (electric & upright)and wants something light – small for his gigs(he wanted something like a single 12'' woofer). The second cab is for my project studio so I would want something that suites some overall needs for recording sessions . I was thinking for 2 fearful 12/6/1 for both situations as i see that it suites all my needs(especially if the fearfull reaches the concept of the fearless f 112 which i saw on youtube as the cab that reproduces exactly what you will feed it). I would like to know your opinion and your suggestion from your models. Thank you .

18 Dec 2017 14:10
fEARful fan

Post Re: Hello from Grecce !
damiangiannis wrote:
Hello from Greece . I am Giannis and as i was looking for diy builds for a bass cab i found your interesting site . No big experience on diy here but I want to try... My goals is to build 2 cabs . One Versatile (lightweight and as small as it gets) for my friend who plays jazz (electric & upright)and wants something light – small for his gigs(he wanted something like a single 12'' woofer). The second cab is for my project studio so I would want something that suites some overall needs for recording sessions . I was thinking for 2 fearful 12/6/1 for both situations as i see that it suites all my needs(especially if the fearfull reaches the concept of the fearless f 112 which i saw on youtube as the cab that reproduces exactly what you will feed it). I would like to know your opinion and your suggestion from your models. Thank you .

G'day Damian! While the F112 will be "lesser & better", I think you'll find the fEARful more than adequate. Others here have put theirs to similar use :-)

Peter

Godin A5 Ultra SA

18 Dec 2017 14:27
fEARful fan

Only the 12/6 plans are available for DIY, the F112 is Authorised Builder only.

FarWest Readhead EUB
CCB BSO DB

18 Dec 2017 15:43

If you are near ptolemaida or kozani,you can hear my 15/6.
Also if yoy need any help for part suppliers,i can tell you what i have buy from greece,and what not

18 Dec 2017 23:48

If you decide to build from the free plans please consider a odest donation to the site to keep things rolling.

Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell%27s_theorem

19 Dec 2017 08:44
Profile WWW

Thank you all for your replys ! I'm trying to source parts for the fearfull and see what whould be the final cost ... If it gets near the fearless i think i will make an order for the f112 . But as it seems at the moment i will propably go for the fearfull just to feel a little bit more creative :) I saw the thread with the european sourcing sites...I m trying to figure out if i need or not a pcb for the crossovers or i can make them as p2p circuit. Still looking for info in the forum.Got a lot to read... Sorry not an experienced diyer here ...

@Saved unfortunately I live at Thessaloniki and the only way i could get in touch with you from up close would be at a propable live performance for me and my band . But i would surely like to know sourcing places inside of our borders . Thank you !

20 Dec 2017 15:11

Crossover parts
http://www.mythosaudio.gr/

Eminence drivers
http://www.rackeys.gr/default.aspx
(Ask for mr.Manos,tell him that you are a friend of mine (Dimitris from Ptolemaida,the guy who build speakers) maybe he remember me.Very helpful guy (he found the greek 18sound dealer and order for me the 6nd410 with discound)

18sound 6nd410 (not the dealer i said,just a shop)
http://www.euri.gr/online/

Grils,corners and other stuff you can find on many shops in Thessaloniki,but also at rackeys and euri

20 Dec 2017 22:58

Dont forget the ebay for crossover parts

20 Dec 2017 23:00

For the plywood,go to leroy merlin with the cuting plans,they will cut it for you.I dont know if they charge extra (i thing no) but they have nice tools to do the job

20 Dec 2017 23:10

Wow thank you Dimitris ! I will get in touch with all these places ! Hope that they will give competitive prices :) Last night i was reading the 3 way crossover thread and i think i ll go that route ... Trying to understand how can i make the pcb and the orientation and placement of the coils ... I ll get there ...Have you made the greanboy "cheap but good" crossover or the true 3 way X-over ?

21 Dec 2017 04:54

The cheap but good.
Because is cheap,is good abd i dont have the tweeter because without tweeter is cheap and good :D

I never thought i need the tweeter,and i realy dont need it.So the 3way does mot work right in my cab (15/6)

21 Dec 2017 07:23

Oh nice then ! I think it will be better for me , at list for the studio cab , to have a little bit more versatility with the 3-way (+lpad) for recording purposes . I might make one 12/6 for my friend who wants it as light as it can be and one 12/6/1 for my studio...Does anyone recommends the 15/6/1 instead of 12/6/1 for studio purposes ?

21 Dec 2017 14:22

They sound the same.The 15/6/1 just go louder.
Any fearful cab sound the same with the others.
12/6/1 is cheaper than 15/6/1 because of the mid driver cost

21 Dec 2017 22:46

Thank you Dimitris ! What did you use for the LF coil ? Should i use something alternative that is iron core like the jansens with the same values as the erse ? Also in the cutting dimesnions there are some fructions (1/2 , 1/4 , 3/4 etc.)that follows the main number. I am assuming that this refers to the width and length (summed to the first value) and not the thickness of the plywood. Are all the parts of 1/2'' (12,7 aprox 12mm) thickness ? Should i give the dimensions in inches to Leroy Merlin for better results or must i make a conversion in cm and mm ? I hope their cutting machines have inch rates ...

22 Dec 2017 14:13

A friend of mine made the coils from scratch.
But the iron coil for unknown reason stop to work normal.I give it to a repairsman to messure it,and find a failure.
Then i bought from mymethos i posted you earlier.You can call him,tell him i wan an iron core coil at "that" mH and "that" AWG.
He will give you what you need.You cant find erse in greece.My is jensen i think.
All the plywood is 12mm thicknes,you beter print the plan with cm and not inch.There is no cuting machine with inch in greece.I searched everywhere.Even cnc machines,are in metric here.
Make the calculations at mm acuracy,match yhe numbers to nearest (example 15.24cm and dowm->152mm 15.25cm and up->153mm)

23 Dec 2017 00:44

I bought all the crossover parts directly from Erse. There were no custom fees or taxes involved as the value of the order was too low. I was having a hard time sourcing all the parts on Germany back when I was building my cab. I wasn’t going to order from 3 or 4 different vendors and being charged for shipping each time. So for me Erse came out as the most inexpensive and hassle free.

23 Dec 2017 08:23
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]