It is currently 19 Jul 2019 19:56

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Back after a long Hiatus 

Post Back after a long Hiatus
Hey, I was away long enough that I had to re-register. When last I was here I was looking for something to use as a FOH sysem for a small venue (my neighbor's Greenhouse that she has converted to a party room and place to host house concerts and other music). I was interested in the FearFul 12/6 system, but only needed the midrange and treble from that, since I wanted to build a Mid/Treble satelite that could be mounted high with a sub that is mounted low. From the 12/6 system, I was able to design a sealed mid/treble sateliteusing the Alpha 6A and the ASD-1001 with a Dayton HO7E waveguide that sounds awesome and perfectly fits the bill for this small-ish space.

Now I am back, building a copy of that same speaker to use as a floor monitor for the system, since we have found we occasionally need a monitor and I think the satelite speaker would make a good one.

Someday, I will probably build a real 12/6 for my son who plays Bass. Honestly, with the sound I get from the satelite, I am tempted to build a pair of 12/6es and use them as stereo speakers, maybe only populate the low end in one of them to keep the bass from getting mushy. Dreams and ideas...

Thanks all for being here, I remember this as a good forum.

24 Mar 2019 11:17
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]