It is currently 19 Jul 2019 19:22

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Greetings from Denmark 
Post Greetings from Denmark
Hi there, my name is Henrik.

Greenboy, it's a splendid idea to start a dedicated fEarful forum. The threads on TB was getting out of hand and any useful informations were drowned in the myriads of posts.

I have a 12/6 which I got from GregBlach. He had no time to finish it so he had to let it go. He had done the woodwork - and a nice one - and installed the 6ND410. I installed the woofer and the c-b-g (cheap but good) crossover.
You can see it here: http://www.talkbass.com/wiki/index.php/Nordskov
I also build a 12 sub for a small PA with BFM OTop12.

I play bass - No shit! - and have being doing it for like 30 years, but never as a pro. It's a hobby and I like it to stay that way.
I like DIY and have build a couple of effect pedals and two single channel Alembic F2B clones.

My weaponry are:
- Sandberg Custom 5-str
- Fender Jazz MIM. Crap bass so frets ripped and PU's replaced
- A noname Jazz clone I got for $60 new and sounds like $600 :)
- MusicMan HD 130 head
- GK 1001RB-II
- fEarful 12/6
- Marshall JCM800 2x15 400W
- Ampeg 410HE
- Omni10.5

06 May 2011 04:06
site admin

Post Re: Greetings from Denmark
How's the crossover working out, Nordskov? I sure like the layout but wonder about the stacked resistors. Wish GregBlach the best if you ever talk with him.

greenboy.us / fEARful™ website

13 May 2011 07:09
Profile WWW
Post Re: Greetings from Denmark
Hi greenboy.

Actually my father is evaluating the cab right now cause I'm momentarily without a band, so I haven't examined at the x-over since I put it in there. But I will.
As I wrote on TB, I don't think the dispersed heat will exceed the resistors thermal rating - even stacked - due to the lage surface area.
The 5 Ohms series resisitors are rated 100W but lets say 75W stacked. The parallel resistors and the driver equals some 4.5 Ohms, thats another 75W.
A total of 150W. That's a lot of power.

Both my father and I think the cab lacks some low mid growl. I have had one gig with the cab and I wasn't able to dial it in with my GK1001RB-II.
It had a huge low end - had to back it off :) - and a very defined high end, but I got lost in the mix.
I did reverse mid driver polarity but I will try to run it straight to see which way is better.

I will pass on your regards, GregBlach and I are in contact once in a while. Its a darned shame when kids and wives takes priority before music - but thats inevitable I guess 8-)

Henrik

15 May 2011 01:53
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]